Celebrate mom or that special someone with these unique and entertaining agricultural offerings from Happy Valley Agventures destinations:
- Enjoy a delicious field-to-fork brunch at RE Farm Café at Windswept, featuring an array of local farm foods creatively prepared by their composers, and a beautiful view of their farm from your table, or Pine Grove Hall, where you can enjoy a new brunch menu item – bacon-curried beef belly sandwich – with a mimosa flight served in vintage glasses.
- Pamper mom with the gift of local from one of Happy Valley’s many farm stores and farm stands. From the Tait Farm Harvest Shop, countless selections will bring mom peace and pampering. Stop in and shop carefully curated, hand-crafted candles and body care items made from nature’s purest ingredients. They will happily assist with a basket, planter, or other clever way to present your special gift. At Goot Essa, gather a selection of carefully crafted artisanal cheeses. Or, visit Rooted Farmstead for lovely items for the garden or a subscription for beautiful pick-your-own blooms. Nothing says, “You are special” like the gift of local.
- Participate in ‘Mommy and Me’ goat yoga at historic Nittany Meadow Farm, a fun experience for children and adults! This special goat yoga session is 30 minutes and lead by a yoga teacher from Wellness in Motion Studio.
- Bring mom to a wine and cupcake pairing at Mount Nittany Vineyard & Winery – or a post-Mother’s Day Sip and Paint at University Wine Company. Central PA Tasting Trail members hold special events throughout the year. Check out the calendar for details.
- Attend an on-the-farm event. The spring and summer calendar is filled with events for the whole family, especially Mother’s Day weekend. There is a Mother’s Day Craft show at Way Fruit Farm, or the annual Spring Market at Rooted Farmstead. Don’t just visit one – make a day of it and attend them all! Check out the calendar for details.